Terms & Conditions
Website usage terms and conditions
General Terms & Conditions
Carpet Cleaners World Ltd Company Terms & Conditions
1. The term “THE COMPANY” shall mean Carpet Cleaners World Limited and the term “CUSTOMER” shall mean any person, firm or company seeking to be supplied with goods or services.
All quotations, contracts, variations or other extensions are subject to these terms unless the Company agrees a variation in writing.
2. In the event of any suspected mechanical or other fault or failure occurring to any equipment supplied to the customer by the Company under this contract, the customer shall contact the Company immediately.
The Company shall advise the customer on the necessity or otherwise of using a Carpet Cleaners World engineer to affect repairs. In the event that the fault or failure is a result of the customer’s failure to properly maintain the equipment in accordance with the service schedule provided by the company upon delivery, or a failure to properly implement the advice of the Company, the proof of which shall be the customer having attempted, whether by himself or instructing some other to repair the equipment, any warranty given under this contract shall be void.
3. In all cases where goods are bought either on Hire Purchase or Credit Hire, unless otherwise agreed in writing, there will be a non-returnable deposit of 20% of the contract price payable by the customer to the Company before delivery.
4. Unless otherwise agreed in writing between the customer and the Company, all goods must be fully paid for before or on delivery. All goods remain the property of Carpet Cleaners World Ltd until paid for in full.
5. All relevant bank charges arising out of the tendering of a cheque (or cheques) or other payment method, paid to the Company by the customer, and dishonoured by the customer’s bank, will be paid in full by the customer.
6. The Company shall not be under any liability for damage, loss or expense resulting from the failure to give advice or information or for the giving of incorrect advice or information, whether or not due to the Company’s, its servants or agents negligence. These conditions set out the Company’s entire liability in respect of goods supplied by it and shall be in lieu and to the exclusion of all other warranties, conditions, terms, and liabilities express or implied statutory or otherwise in respect of the quality or the fitness for any particular purpose of the goods or otherwise howsoever except any implied by law which by law cannot be excluded. Save as provided in these conditions and except as aforesaid, the Company shall not be under any liability, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, in respect of defects in the goods or failure to correspond to specification or sample or for any injury, damage or loss resulting from such defects or failure. In no event will any breach of contract or tort, including negligence, or failure of any kind on the part of the Company or it’s employees, agents or sub-contractors give rise to any liability for loss of revenue or any consequential or indirect loss or damage arising from any cause whatsoever. The Company’s liability if any, whether in contract, tort or otherwise in respect of any defect in the goods supplied or any duty owed to the purchaser in connection herewith shall be further limited in the aggregate to the replacement value of the goods supplied.
7. Where goods are provided to the customer under any warranty given pursuant to this agreement, such goods will be supplied together with a Numbered Address Return slip. The Return slip must be returned to the Company within 14 days of receipt. Failure to return said slip within 14 days will result in the customer being charged an administration fee and may result in the customer, at the company’s discretion, being charged for the full cost of the goods so provided.
8. The provision of parts under warranty is dependent upon proof that the original part is defective. Therefore within 14 days of delivery of the replacement part, the customer will, at his own expense, return the original part to the Company. In the event that either the original part is not returned, or, does not arrive, or upon delivery it is not found to be defective, the customer will be charged the full cost of the replacement part together with the cost of delivery. If the customer requests the return of the part whether replaced under warranty or not, then the customer will pay the full return carriage costs.
9. All goods provided under warranty will be delivered carriage paid unless the customer requests Guaranteed Next Working Day Delivery, or other express Courier Delivery, in which event the customer will pay the full cost of the delivery.
10. Any Goods ordered incorrectly or any unwanted goods that are returned to us are subject to a 20% restocking fee. Carriage charges will not be refunded. Custom made or specially ordered items will not be accepted back for credit.
11. If the company is hindered or prevented from delivering any goods pursuant to contract or warranty there under, owing to any cause beyond it’s reasonable control or it’s inability to procure services, materials or articles required for the performance of the contract/warranty, it may at it’s sole discretion delay the performance of, or cancel in whole or in part the performance of its obligations and the Company shall not be held liable for such delay or cancellation or any inability to deliver.
12. It is the customer’s responsibility to inspect all goods on delivery and sign for the goods as appropriate. The company cannot be held responsible for any goods that were damaged in transport if the customer has signed for the goods as ‘received in good condition’. If any goods are damaged in transport and the customer has signed for the goods ‘damaged’ then the company will investigate the matter further once you have notified us. Failure to notify the company within 24 hours from date of delivery of any defect shall result in the goods delivered being conclusively held to be in accordance with the contract/warranty and free from any defect that would be apparent upon reasonable inspection and deemed to have been accepted accordingly. In the event that the customer establishes to the Company’s reasonable satisfaction that goods delivered are defective, the customer’s sole remedy in respect of such non-accordance or defect shall be limited. The Company may elect to replace the goods or refund the purchase price. Where the customer still owes money to the Company in respect of goods purchased the Company may issue a credit note or a credit card account refund against return of the goods.
13. New Truckmounts supplied by Carpet Cleaners World are under warranty with the Company for at least 12 months from the date of purchase. This will be specified in writing at the time of purchase.
14. Any second hand machinery or parts purchased by the customer carries no warranty unless agreed prior to purchase in writing or stated on the invoice.
15. Any modifications from standard will render void all warranties of this equipment unless otherwise agreed in advance of the modifications and in writing by the Company.
16. Customers wishing to store machines within Carpet Cleaners World premises must pay a storage fee of £10 per week. Any machines stored free of charge due to no communication or instruction from the customer, will be disposed of after 12 months of the first day of storage.
17. Once goods are delivered into the possession of the customer it is the customer’s responsibility to insure them against all risks.
18. Where the customer orders spare parts for any equipment whether originally supplied by the Company or not, upon proof that such spare parts were dispatched as agreed by the customer and the Company, the Company will not be liable for any losses incurred by reason of their late delivery or non-arrival to the customer.
19. Freezing of any water or chemical related component will void all warranties on water or chemical related components whether internal or external, of this equipment.
20. Deposits and build up in the water system, chemical system or heater system due to hardness, or other water table deposits, in the water used or chemicals which result in deposits will void all warranties on affected parts.
21. All customers who have an account for chemicals, accessories or parts shall satisfy the account in full within 30 days of delivery of chemicals ordered. Failure to so satisfy accounts will result in interest being charged on all outstanding amounts at 5% per month.
22. The Company reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to terminate any account upon 30 days notice in writing.
23. All chemicals supplied are for professional use only and must only be used as directed on the chemical instructions. The company accepts no liability for the use of its products other than by professional cleaners.
The Customer shall adhere to the manufacturer’s instructions at all times. Failure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions will render void any warranty under this contract.
24 The customer shall adhere to all instructions of the Company in the use of chemicals supplied, in particular the customer shall always pre- test any chemicals supplied on any carpet or soft furnishing on a small unobtrusive area of the carpet or soft furnishing. Failure to so test will render void any warranty under this contract.
25 If there is any dispute about or involving Carpet Cleaners World Ltd, it’s supplied products, services or employees, you agree that the dispute will be governed and construed by English law. In the event of a dispute arising out of or relating to these terms and conditions, litigation must be brought to court in Truro, Cornwall, England without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
26 Entire Agreement- This agreement replaces all previous agreements between the customer and the supplier and is the entire agreement between the customer and the supplier for the supply of the products.
27 With reference to installation of the said Truckmounted Carpet Cleaning Machine, recommendations will be given by the company of van suitability. The company shall accept no responsibility for customer’s choice of van. The customer will ensure that the vehicle is not overweight according to UK law.
28 These terms and conditions may be subject to change at any time without prior notification.
29 All labour charges will be at £55 + VAT per hour.